This section provides instructions for adding an individual TLK 100 device. You can add the TLK 100 devices one at a time or you can add them to WAVE using a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet method is advised if you have many TLK 100 devices to add. For instructions on adding multiple devices via spreadsheet see Importing TLK 100s from a Spreadsheet.
To manually add a TLK 100 device
- You will find the Serial Number and IMEI number you need to register the device on the box of eachTLK 100 unit.
Record the IMEI and the S/N numbers.
If you do not have the box, then alternatively you can identify the IMEI and S/N numbers from the label under the battery.
- Login to WAVE using your Customer account credentials.
- In the left navigation frame, the TLK 100s menu option is now available.
- Click the TLK 100s menu.
The TLK 100s page opens displaying all registered TLK 100 devices. Initially, this page will be empty.
- Click the Register TLK 100s button.
The TLK 100 Registration Wizard opens.
- In the IMEI field, enter the IMEI value of the TLK 100 to register.
- In the Serial Number field, enter the S/N of the TLK 100 to register.
- In the Display Name field, enter a Display Name for this unit. The Display Name will be the User Name for this device in the WAVE Portal and appear in the Users menu as a TLK 100 unit. The Display Name is also the Alias and will appear to other users when this unit transmits.
- Click the ADD button.If the device was identified then the information for the device appears on the screen below the entry fields. If the device was not identified then an error message appears and you must re-enter the numbers again or contact support.
- Click NEXT.
- In TalkGroups, select the Talkgroups available for use by this TLK 100 unit. These are the Talkgroups you have already created. You may also add or remove TLK 100 units to Talkgroups later.
- In Contacts, select the users that this TLK 100 can Private Call. You may also add or remove Private Call contacts from this TLK 100 unit later.
- Click the NEXT button.
- Review the summary information page for the correct information and then click the SUBMIT button.
- If you do not have enough WAVE wireless licenses to activate all your devices you will be prompted to purchase them. You can also purchase WAVE wireless licenses directly from your Account page.
- The TLK 100s page reappears with the newly added units visible on the page.