Limitations and Requirements
- A maximum of 30 simultaneous calls are allowed on the XRT 9000.
The XRT 9000 allows a maximum of 30 concurrent LMR calls, Talk Group calls, or Private Calls with WAVE clients. When a WAVE user attempts to transmit over a Talk Group or initiate a Private Call, WAVE requests one of 30 connection resources on the XRT 9000. Once transmission ceases, the resource is freed, and can be requested by a different Private Call or Talk Group. Broadband-to-broadband calls do not consume any of the 30 call capacity.
- A maximum of 50 simultaneous calls are allowed on the XRT 9100.
The XRT 9100 allows a maximum of 50 concurrent LMR calls, Talk Group calls, or Private Calls with WAVE clients. When a user attempts to transmit over a Talk Group or initiate a Private Call, WAVE requests one of 50 connection resources on the XRT 9100. Once transmission ceases, the resource is freed, and can be requested by a different Private Call or Talk Group. Broadband-to-broadband calls do not consume any of the 50 call capacity.
- An IP connection to an XRT 9000/9100 is required.
Accessing the XRT 9000/9100 Gateway
In order to configure users and access to the XRT for the WAVE Gateway, you must access the XRT Gateway. This section explains how to use a PC to access your XRT. Once you have accessed the XRT, the next section will explain what changes are required and where.
To access the MOTOTRBO Connect Plus XRT 9000/9100 Gateway, you install the MOTOTRBO Connect Plus XRT 9000/9100 Configuration Tool. You can obtain this from Motorola.
Run the MOTOTRBO Connect Plus XRT 9000/9100 Configuration Tool application through the Start menu on a PC connected to the same network as the XRT 9000/9100. Select Start, choose All Programs, then Motorola Solutions, and then select MOTOTRBO Connect Plus XRT 9000 (or XRT 9100) Configuration Tool.
Note: Microsoft .NET Framework Requirement: A PC can (and frequently does) have multiple versions of Microsoft .NET Framework. MOTOTRBO Connect Plus XRT 9000/9100 Configuration Tool software for Connect Plus System Release 1.3 (or later) requires the PC to have .NET Framework version 4.0. To see what versions are on your PC, check Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
To access the XRT 9000/9100 Gateway console
1. Download the MOTOTRBO Connect Plus XRT 9000/9100 Configuration Tool Software from Motorola Online. Run the executable file to install the software on a Windows PC. Follow all prompts to complete the installation.
2. From the Start menu, select All Programs > Motorola Solutions and then click MOTOTRBO Connect Plus XRT 9000/9100 Configuration Tool.
3. On the Connect menu, click Socket if you are connecting remotely, or Serial if you are connecting over a direct serial cable connection to the XRT.
4. Enter the Host IP address to your XRT 9000/9100 Gateway. Leave the Port field blank if you do not know the exact port to use. Port 4445 is the standard default port.
5. If using a Serial connection, enter COM 1 for the Port Name, and set the Baud Rate to 57600.
6. Enter the password. The default password is admin. The password can be changed using the Change Password screen (Site Control > Change Password).
The console connection timer appears.
Once the connection timer completes, the Connect menu changes to Disconnect, and you are now connected to the XRT 9000/9100 Gateway.
To integrate a Connect Plus Radio System with WAVE
- In the Customers page, click Radio System.
The Radio System page opens. Initially the page will be blank.
- Click the large plus symbol in the white rectangle to add a radio system.
The WAVE Gateway Wizard opens.
- In CREATE GATEWAY, complete the following steps:
- In the Existing Gateway list, select an existing WAVE Gateway if you have one already installed on your network. If you do not have one then you will add it in STEP 3. This step exists to allow you to reset an existing WAVE Gateway and use it for Connect Plus. You cannot use the same Gateway for two radio systems.
- In Device Code, enter the device code of your WAVE Gateway hardware. This is the code you used when you configured your WAVE Gateway.
- In Device Name, enter a name for your WAVE Gateway. This name is used for administrative purposes and does not appear outside the WAVE Portal.
- Click NEXT.
The Create Radio page opens.
- In CREATE RADIO, complete the following steps:
- Leave Existing Radio as None if you intend to define a new Radio System. If you have previously created a Radio System and want to duplicate its settings then you can select an Existing Radio system.
- In the New Radio System Type menu, select the type of the new radio system. For this procedure it is assumed that you have selected either Capacity Single Site or Capacity Multi Site.
- In Name, enter a name for the new Radio System. The name you enter will only appear in the WAVE Portal and is used for administrative purposes.
- In Private Call Inactivity Timeout (ms), enter the value matching the associated Private Call inactivity timeout duration in the XRT 9000/9100.
- In Max PTT Duration (ms), enter the value matching the associated PTT duration in the XRT 9000/9100.
- Click NEXT>.
- In CONNECT GATEWAY TO RADIO, complete the following steps.
- In IP Address, enter the IP address of your XRT 9000/91000 gateway.
- In IP Port, enter the XRT port number. The default port is 10001. This port can be located in the XRT 9000/9100 Gateway console under Settings > Site Configuration and is listed as Client TCP Port.
- In Username, enter the username you created in the XRT to identify the WRG to the XRT 9000/9100.
- In Password, enter the password for the username you created in the XRT to identify the WRG to the XRT 9000/91000.
- Click NEXT>.
- In CONFIGURE TALKGROUPS, complete the following steps.
- In Existing TalkGroups, optionally select all existing Talkgroups you want to associate with this Radio System. You may add or remove Talkgroups later as needed.
- In Create a New TalkGroup, optionally enter the Group Name of a new Talkgroup, click Create, and follow prompts to completion. You may create and associate new Talkgroups later as needed.
- Click NEXT>.
- In CONFIGURE USERS, complete the following steps.
- In Existing Users, select all users that should have access to this Radio System. These users will be able to make Private Calls. You may associate or remove users later.
- In Create a new User, optionally enter the Display Name and UserName of the new user, click Create and follow prompts to completion. You may create and add new users later as needed.
- Click NEXT>.
- The FINISH page opens and your Radio System is ready for management. Click the GO TO HOME DASHBOARD button.