Once you have added a TLK 150 device to the WAVE Portal, it automatically appears as a User in your Users menu. From the Users menu, you can edit the Talkgroups and Contacts associated with the device. From the TLK 150s menu, you can edit the properties of the TLK 150 unit.
This section describes how to edit the User associated with a TLK 150. For instructions on editing the TLK 150 device see: Editing a TLK 150 Device.
To edit a TLK 150 user
- Login to the WAVE Portal with your Customer account.
- Click the Users menu in the left frame.
- In the Users list, click the Display Name of the TLK 150 user to edit.
- Note: TLK 150 users are marked with a small radio icon. Radio units have a larger radio icon and Broadband units use a wave icon.
- Edit the the following settings as necessary. Each setting is defined below.
- Display Name
Specifies the name of this User/Device in both the TLK 150s menu and in the Users menu. It also determines the Alias of this user as it appears to other TLK 150 devices, radio units with displays, and Broadband units.
Enter the email address of this user for the mail communications.
- Allow Portal Access
Select Allow Portal Access if you want this user to be able to sign in to the WAVE Portal. This will allow them access to the WiFi Networks list to configure additional WiFi access points they may need for connectivity.
- Radio System
Allows you to select the radio system for the user.
- Manage Contacts and Features
Clicking Manage Contacts and Features from this page takes you to the Central Admin Tool in the portal. From the Central Admin Tool, you can manage contacts, talkgroups for zone, positions and priority scan list. You can also enable or disable the features for the user from the Features tab.
- Manage TalkGroup Associations
Clicking Manage TalkGroup Associations from this page takes you to the edit page of the talkgroup associated with this TLK 150 user. Select the talkgroup and assign Position, Priority and change call permissions from the drop-down. You can also select the Supervisor and Broadcaster check box to make them supervisor and broadcaster of the talkgroup.
- Update Device Properties
Clicking Device Properties from this page switches you to the TLK 150 device properties page. For instructions on editing the TLK 150 device properties see: Editing a TLK 150 Device.
- Display Name
- Click the SAVE button when you have completed making changes and you will be returned to the User page.