The EVOLVE device is a Cross Carrier PTT Radio type User and uses WAVE mobile app licenses for the connection. The EVOLVE devices support Video Streaming and allow talkgroup position assignment up to 96 channels. The EVOLVE device can be used with the Nitro data plan and available only when the customer is activated to the Nitro data services. The device can be used both by the reseller and rent out options.
EVOLVE Device supports Critical Communication subscription. You can upgrade or downgrade the existing licenses and subscriptions for the devices. Refer to Nitro Portal User Guide
Activating Nitro data service
If the customer wants to use the Nitro data plans then the operator must activate and subscribe to Nitro data service for the customer. Customers can choose the Nitro plan (Basic and Unlimited) type from a drop-down available during the device registration and can change the plan anytime at the time of using the registered device.
To activate and subscribe to the Nitro Data plan, follow these steps:
- From the Customer main page, select the Nitro menu. A Nitro activation page displays.
- Select the network type, billing type, purchase model, and click Activate.
- Select the CBSDs menu and click the Register CBSDS button.
- Click the Sign Me Up button. Select OK to the confirmation message that displays.
- The Nitro subscription activates for the customer. Click Go To Nitro dashboard.
- From the Settings drop-down under the Nitro menu, select Account.
- A Nitro subscription is shown in addition to WAVE Monthly.
Register EVOLVE Devices
You can add an individual or can import multiple EVOLVE devices to the portal. To register multiple devices to the portal, use the Import option. Make sure that you configure all the details in the .csv file before importing the file to the portal.
To register an EVOLVE device, follow these steps:
- From the WAVE Devices menu, select Register EVOLVE.
- Enter the IMEI number in the IMEI field.
- Enter the serial number of the device in the Serial Number field.
- Enter displays for the device in the Display name field.
- Select a Nitro plan from the drop-down. You can select None, Nitro Basic, and Nitro Unlimited. If you select the Nitro plan then enter the SIM ICCID number.
- Select the quality and priority of the calls from the SIM Priority drop-down.
- If you want the device to use video streaming then select the Video Streaming checkbox.
- Click Add. The device shows in the list.
- Click Next. The talkgroups and contacts configuration page displays.
- You can clone the configuration from a pre-configured device or can manually choose the language, talkgroups, and contacts from the Language, Talkgroups, and Contacts list.
- Select the checkboxes next to the talkgroup names. The Position selection enables. These are the Talkgroups you have already created. You can also add or remove EVOLVE devices from the talkgroups later from the Manage under the Users menu option.
- Assign the talkgroup position, priority, call initiate, call receive, and in call permissions.
- If you want the user to be the supervisor of the talkgroup then select the Supervisor checkbox.
- Select the contact checkbox to associate the contacts to the user. You can also add or remove Private Call contacts from this EVOLVE unit later from the Manage under the Users menu option.
- Click Next.
- Verify the details and click Submit.
- Click OK to the confirmation message that displays.
- Click View My Devices to view the registered device.
Change Nitro Data Plan
You can change the Nitro Data plan of the EVOLVE devices anytime when using the devices. The plan changes show in the User details, Subscription, and Transactions pages of the EVOLVE devices.
To change the Nitro Data plan of the EVOLVE device, follow these steps:
- From the Users menu, click the name of the device. A user edit page displays.
- From the Nitro Data Plan drop-down, choose the plan that you want to change.
- Click Save.
Cloning a WAVE Device
Cloning allows you to copy the details of an existing registered EVOLVE device when creating an EVOLVE device. All configuration details of the template device are copied to a new device. The “Cloning Device from” field is only visible when you have already registered a minimum of two EVOLVE devices and configured two users.
Make sure that you meet the template requirements for the details to be copied to the new device. Mouse over the Information icon next to the “Cloning Device from” to view the template requirements.
To clone a device from the template, follow these steps:
- After you add a device to the Register Device page, Click NEXT.
- From the Clone Device from the drop-down, select the template device to copy the details.
- All contacts and talkgroup details are copied from the cloning device.
Note: You cannot modify contacts and talkgroup details when cloning.
- Click Next.
- Review the details and click Submit. A confirmation message displays.
- Click OK.
- Click View My Devices to go to the device list.
Manage Talkgroup and Features
To manage the talkgroup positions and features for the EVOLVE devices, you can access the Central Admin Tool from the Contacts and Features in the WOC portal.
To manage the talkgroup, follow these steps:
- From the Users menu, click Manage in the Contacts and Features column.
- The Central Admin Tool page displays. Select the Talkgroup tab and Configure the details.
- Select the Features tab and configure the details as desired.
- Click Save to apply the changes.